We've created a new home page for usgovernmentspending.com.
Why? Because usgovernmentspending.com is not just for policy wonks but for ordinary Americans concerned about where their money goes.
The new home page features three charts and a small table about government spending, federal, state, and local, in the United States:
- A bar chart of total government spending in the US centering on the current year
- A pie chart showing how federal, state, and local spending divide up the spending pie
- A pie chart showing the division of the economy into private sector and public sector
- A table showing total government spending and debt in the US over five years
If you like, you can copy the charts and save them on your own computer.
But what if you are a conservative and you like the old ways at usgovernmentspending.com? What if you like a comforting wall of numbers instead of a bunch of charts? No problem. Just click here and you’ll get to the “classic” usgovernmentspending.com home page.
On the usgovernmentspending.com main menu across the top of every page, we now have the following tabs:
- HOME - the new home page
- NUMBERS - the “classic” home page
- CHARTS - the time-series chart page (also has download feature)
- BUDGET - headline charts on the current federal budget
- FEATURE - a fact sheet for Tea Party enthusiasts
- DOWNLOAD - the gateway to data downloading at usgovernmentspending.com
If you’d like to comment on this change, please use the comments section below, or the Leave a Comment link in the right column.